Sunday 15 March 2015

Pia first blog post for me



Hi everyone, my name is Pia, I'm 12 years old, I'm in 7th Grade and I live in Singapore. I attend the school of United World College of South East Asia, I am new this year but I have adjusted to school life here. I was born in America but I have been living in Singapore for 8 years, I am half American, a quarter French and a quarter Mexican. I don't really have any hobbies but in my spare time I do like to draw and do some sculpting. My favorite thing to do in art is sculpt because I love being to create something extraordinary or out of this world just with clay or other materials. My second favorite thing to do in art is to draw (I’m not a fan of painting).
This is a sketch I drew during the Winter Holidays when I went to one of the numerous art camps we have here in Singapore. I really enjoyed it and I got to do a lot of sculpting and drawing which I love. For this particular drawing I only used charcoal. Tell me what you think in the comments and what you think I should do to improve it in any way. I would really appreciate some feedback on how the facial structure of the man looks because that’s the main focus of the sketch and the part that took me the most amount of time.
Goodbye for now, looking forward to see your artwork and see what you guys have to say about mine.
P.S. Please excuse the crease in the middle of the paper that was an accident.
Pia.

3 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the eye sockets. It goes with how you simplified the whole image and the shadowing shows the droopy affected from the other shading around the image. What made you add the plant? I would add something behind the man to add a wall like objected; because the room looks like it never ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great feedback Hunter. I added the plant because I didn't want the drawing to look so blank with empty spaces. But thank you for the suggestion;I also felt that way about it but I did not want to alter anything because I was not sure how it would look. But thank you for the feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Pia! I have never met you but I can infer from this that you really have a wild imagination. Great description of yourself, really reflects on your artwork! I really like the vase. Maybe you could pay a bit more detail to the flowers. I'm guessing you love debate?

    ReplyDelete