Monday 16 March 2015

Maria

Hi I’m Maria, I’m Spanish and Singaporean. I’ve never lived in Spain though, I’ve lived in Singapore my whole life and I was born in Singapore. I am 12, I joined UWCSEA in K1 (4 years old). I play touch rugby and guitar! I love watching movies and I am addicted to music! I like photography (although I’m not really good at it) I really like designing things and crafting things. I also like drawing (I’m not really good at it) and watercolour painting (I’m ok at that). I drew this Orchid drawing a long time ago, I would really like some constructive criticism. p.s. It’s ok to be honest :)


Orchid Drawing by: Maria Ariken-Jimenez

5 comments:

  1. Maria, I really think you should keep drawing! This picture looks like it was created by a very observant artist because you've really captured the shape of this delicate flower accurately. I am sure the more you practice, the more your work will improve...and this is a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, I am Hamad I think your photo is really really good, but it I don't think its quite done. I think you can keep drawing this photo to make it better. I feel like you need more color and and a colored background. But overall you did a great job with the shape and the size of the flower. Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria, I am Hamad I think your photo is really really good, but it I don't think its quite done. I think you can keep drawing this photo to make it better. I feel like you need more color and and a colored background. But overall you did a great job with the shape and the size of the flower. Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You claim you aren't that good at art but I don't think that's true. The orchid looks realistic and is drawn very similar to the real one. What media did you use to make this? And if I were to say anything that you should do to it, it would be to give it a background. Although the white let's us focus more on the flowers, I think a nice background will compliment it greatly. (And if you think your art looks bad then you should see how I drew a year ago! I'm still trying to find ways to make my drawings look good!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! Thank you so so so much for being so honest! I really love your feedback! You really nice:) I drew the Orchids and then I coloured it with normal colour pencils, and I also used a bit of chalk. I tried to look for your posts but I was unable to find it, I'm sure your art a year ago is amazing! (p.s do you have Instagram or Snapchat?:)

      Delete