Sunday 15 March 2015

Natalie

Hi, I’m Natalie. I am 13 years old, and I am half Taiwanese and half British, but I was born in Hong Kong, and now I live in Singapore.
I like a lot of different types of art like surrealism and photorealism and I also really like photography, digital art (like using photoshop to make edits etc) and typography/word art (if you can count that as art...) I would say that my favourite type of art to create is definitely portraits, although I can definitely improve.
One thing this year that we did was use photoshop to create an image that represented someone. I really liked my final product, and I’m very happy with it, even though there is always room for improvement. With this I think I wanted to kind of stray away from what everyone else was doing, like blending themselves with a sunset. With this I wanted to capture what it’s like to live in a big city - like bright nights, city lights etc and how the city never sleeps.





During our first unit we drew the human face, and I drew this nose on an iPad. I think it’s okay, but I would like to know what else I could do to improve it (shading, darkness and lightness of pencil to make it 3D) , as there are so many things to improve on when sketching features like noses because it has to look exactly alike. 







3 comments:

  1. I really like your photoshop thing. Its blended really well and I love the colors. I don't really have any suggestions haha I just though it was really good. Good Job! PS: eyebrows on fleek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your photoshop thing. Its blended really well and I love the colors. I don't really have any suggestions haha I just though it was really good. Good Job! PS: eyebrows on fleek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie,
    I really like your Photoshop collage and I think that you blended the images really well and I find that your collage is really original and it is a clever idea to take your background and use it in that way. I like the idea behind it and i find that you multiplied the photos together.
    Furthermore, I really like your iPad sketch because I have tried to do sketches on an iPad and it is really hard so hat's off to you

    ReplyDelete