Sunday 15 March 2015

Madhura's Artwork

My name is Madhura Patwardhan, I’m 12 years old and I am from India. I was born in Mumbai, India but I have lived in Singapore my whole life. I joined UWCSEA in Grade 2 and I have been at the school for almost six years. I am currently in Grade 7 and I have learned lots of interesting and inspiring things in art over Grades 2 - 7. What I enjoy most about art is drawing and sketching. I also enjoy looking at paintings with lots of bright colours. I love sculpting and creating models of things out of clay. At the start of the Grade 7 year our task in art was to draw a self-portrait. Before starting the final drawing of the self-portrait, we attempted a drawing of the human eye in preparation. At first, I drew a really large eye. Then my teacher showed us how she draws a human eye and suggested I draw the eye roughly to scale. 
I would like to know how I could improve this piece of artwork, especially where I could add more shading. I also wonder how I could add colour and make the eye drawing look more realistic.

2 comments:

  1. Madhura, I can see how much time you have spent really looking at the subject of your drawing. It is great to see every eyebrow hair represented, and that attention to detail is what you need to achieve realism. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Madhura! I love this drawing you have done, it is absolutely beautiful! I like the way you have shaped the eyelashes especially, it gives it the whole volume effect! The eyebrows are also very nice, the way you have shaped them and drawn each individual hair shows me a lot of concentration and practice. To make your drawing even better, I would make the eyeball a bit lighter. However, this drawing you have done is absolutely stunning though! Great job:) best regards, Heather

    ReplyDelete