Sunday 22 March 2015

Heather

Hi, I’m Heather and I’m a middle school student from UWCSEA. I was born in Singapore and have not moved ever since!:) A few of my hobbies would be, boxing, talking to my friends, playing guitar and singing. Art is also a big part of my life, I find that when I sometimes get stressed or if I am not feeling very well, then I can release my feelings onto a canvas. When I am also trying to remember lyrics, I create a picture or a story line within what the song means. This means that when I am performing I have something to follow, in case I forget the lyrics I will just make something up along the storyline. This piece of artwork I have done reminded me of a set of doors my grandparents' friends have. During the winter I usually go over to their place for a while to catch up and drink hot tea, I have always remembered their door because they always decorate it so lovely with flowers and ribbons. Whenever I go over to their house I always feel warm, cozy and very comfortable. That is the feeling I am hoping to give to the viewers of my artwork. I believe the door makes a difference to a house. Picture this, having a really really old creaking door as an entrance to a beautiful tall mansion. Any door to any house gives an influence to the rest of it. The door adds effect onto the house and gives it a first impression before you enter. I have not completed my work completely as yet, but I’m wide open to suggestions that you might have! Best Regards, Heather 




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Heather. I'm Charlotte. I use art as a stress-reliever too. This seems like a very cool project. Maybe to come up with ideas of how to decorate it, you could think about how it would be displayed. Maybe putting tissue paper or colored-translucent plastic in the windows it will make the door look more interesting. Also, you could paint it a certain color to associate it with the feeling you are going for- maybe a light blue? This looks like a really cool project, and I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete